On 26th February at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Lenovo-owned Motorola launched two new smartphones – the Moto G5 and G5 Plus with Moto G5 Plus Price range starting from Rs. 14,000.
But they were officially launched in India on 15th March at an event in New Delhi. These latest Moto smartphones are already riding high on expectations, as Lenovo had ranked second in India’s best selling smartphone brands last year. So, this year the Lenovo-owned Motorola are all geared up to get into a stiff competition, for Nokia the mobile giant is back in action.
Let’s get busy learning all about Moto G5 Plus Price and Features.
With the announcement of Moto G5 Plus launch date in India, Flipkart has announced that the newly launched Moto G5 Plus smartphone will be sold under a “BuyBack Guarantee” offer. In this offer, the customers will get an assured sum of Rs. 7,000 on exchanging the device six months after purchase. The Moto G5 Plus that was launched on Wednesday at an event in New Delhi, will be sold exclusively on Flipkart under the BuyBack Guarantee offer. Motorola have come up with two latest models – Moto G5 and Moto G5 Plus smartphone – which are the 5th generation of the Moto G series – in the Indian market at a starting price of Rs. 14,999.
Flipkart is also offering EMI option starting from Rs. 1,889 per month for the purchase of Moto G5 Plus with at an interest of Rs. 825 per month. The EMI plans being offered for the purchase of the Moto G5 Plus include banks like SBI, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, Citibank and Kotak Bank, and financial services company Bajaj Finserv.
After customers have subscribed to the buyback scheme, they are enabled to upgrade to another phone in future under certain conditions. This is what one of the Flipkart officials had to say,
BuyBack Guarantee is a Flipkart promise where we guarantee to buy back your Moto G5 Plus at an assured price, that provides consumers huge value when they make their next smartphone purchase on Flipkart.
The “BuyBack Guarantee” scheme offers value protection along with the purchase of the Moto G5 Plus, that means they are eligible for a great deal on their next purchase. However, buyers must know that the BuyBack Guarantee amount is only available against Moto G5 Plus bought on Flipkart, where the value is higher than the BuyBack pricing.
The major difference between Moto G Plus 2017 and its predecessor is the shift in design language. Unlike its forerunner, the new Moto G5 and G5 Plus are not encapsulated in a plastic body and they are also not flanked by a removable back cover design. Instead, the latest 5th generation Motorola Moto G5 Plus features a unibody design and full metal finish like the Moto M. To add on, these new models are splash and dust-resistant. Another big difference between the Moto G5 and G5 Plus is the screen size. The Moto G5 has a 5-inch full HD display, while the Moto G5 Plus offers a slightly bigger 5.2-inch full-HD screen. There is no 5.5-inch display variant this time, but we can’t rule out the possibility of a third Moto G Plus being launched afterward, considering the fact that the three Moto G4 phones were released separately.
Moto G5 Plus Specifications
- Processor: Like its forerunner, 4th generation Moto G$ Plus, the Moto G Plus is enabled with a Qualcomm chipset. However, unlike the 4th generation, G5 comes with an improved 2 GHz Snapdragon 625 octa-core processor, similar to the recent Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.
- RAM: Moto G5 is enabled with a 4GB RAM, similar to the Moto M.
- Internal storage: The Motorola Moto G5 Plus smartphone features 32GB of internal storage, which is expandable via Micro SD card.
- Screen: Moto G5 Plus displays a 5.5 inch Full HD display. It is said to be a Super AMOLED panel topped with Corning Gorilla Glass.
- Rear camera: The Moto 5th generation smartphone is flanked by a 13-megapixel rear camera. It comes with a big sensor, given the big round casing at the back, similar to the Moto Z’s. It also features a PDAF for quick focus even in low light.
- Front camera: It also carries a 5-megapixel front shooter.
- Software: The phone is powered by the latest Android 7.0 Nougat.
- Battery: The Motorola Moto G5 Plus has a 3,080 mAh battery and also supports fast charging technology.
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz)
- Location services: GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, NFC
- Base color: The phone is available in both Lunar Gray and Fine Gold
- Moto G5 Plus Price: This Lenovo-owned Motorola smartphone is priced at Rs. 14,999
- The design of Moto G5 Plus has taken cues from the Moto Z design but it does not come with a plastic body. The fingerprint sensor is elliptical, like that of the Samsung Galaxy S7 but it will not be a clickable button.
- The phone appears to have a full metal unibody design, something we saw on Moto M.
- The Moto G5 Plus is both water and dust resistant, like the Moto G4 and the Moto M. The phone will have NFC, Accelerometer, 3-axis gyroscope and gravity sensors.
Moto G5 Plus performance
The Moto G5 Plus promises to be your daily driver, and when it comes to performance it’s never going to disappoint you. This multi-tasking handset can run apps at ease. Different types of media files are handled at ease. For those who love playing heavy games like Marvel: Contest of Champions, Dead Effect 2, and Asphalt 8 with no stuttering, Motorola Moto G5 Plus is an ideal smartphone.
The Moto G5 Plus can play 1080p video files as well as FLAC audio files without any hassle. However, the only glitch is the Moto offers limited audio tweaking options and you might find third-party music players and streaming apps better than Google Play Music.
Now with Moto G5 Plus already launched in India, the mid-range battle will now get interesting as Xiaomi is already cruising with the success of Redmi Note 4, while Oppo and Vivo are expected to launch more selfie-centric phones and Nokia has returned.
How excited are you after learning about Moto G5 Plus Price and Features?
Do let us know in the comments below 🙂