You have a big meeting today, and you’re hardly in control of your emotions, with nervousness getting the better of you. And the worst part – amidst all this hullabaloo, you forgot to pack your lunch for the office! In such a situation, there’s only one thing that’s coming to the rescue, and that’s Zomato!
Here in this comprehensive and detailed article, we will guide you on how to go about using the Zomato app and order your favorite dishes to fulfill your cravings!
How to Order Food on Zomato:
- Step 1:The first thing, obviously, is to download the Zomato app on your mobile phone from the Google Play Store or the App Store, in case you have an iPhone.
- Step 2:Create your account using your email ID or phone number, and just like that, your gateway to the best of cuisines from across the globe will open up.
- Step 3:If you already have a restaurant in mind, you can type the name and go hunting by scrolling on their menu. Or else, you can also type the dish name and then check out all the restaurants that offer it.
- Step 4:If you have opened the app with an open mind to explore various dishes and eateries, you can check out the Zomato recommendations on the front page, where they sort out things in terms of which restaurant offers the biggest discounts, famous dishes and joints, and your past activity.
- Step 5:Once you have decided on the item and the place from where you want to purchase it, the next step is to decide upon the quantity by clicking on the “add” box just below the dish’s image.
- Step 6:Once you’re finished selecting whatever you want to purchase, click on the cart option at the bottom of the screen, upon which you will be able to access the order details.
- Step 7:Here, you will also have the option to use any valid coupon that’s available, which could help you make considerable savings on your final bill.
- Step 8:Next, at the bottom end of the screen, you can enter the address you want the dish to be delivered to, whether it’s your home, office, or any other place. Customers can also add a landmark close to the address so that it becomes easier for the delivery partner to reach their doorstep.
Note: Zomato also offers zero-contact food delivery and dining options to all its users. This initiative ensures maximum safety, meaning that the delivery partner places the order outside a customer’s doorstep, eliminating physical contact or interaction.
How to add an address on Zomato?
At the bottom of the cart, there’s a select address option, where you can look at all the delivery points you have included. Upon clicking the “add address” option, you can enter a new delivery point in addition to the ones already added.
How to change the address on Zomato?
Once you enter the cart, you’ll be able to spot your address on the top. Besides this, there’s a change address option. You can alter your delivery point here.
How to add an alternative contact number on Zomato?
Besides this, users can also change their contact information, or provide an alternative contact number if they are ordering food for their loved ones. Simply, enter the contact number you wish to add, verify, and you are done. It’s that easy.
Payment Options Available on Zomato:
Once you have entered all the details regarding your order and address, you can proceed with the payment process. Customers can pay through various methods like UPI, net banking, card, and cash on delivery mode.
Moreover, the platform offers discounts for various payment methods. For example, users can opt for Paytm to get exclusive discounts, banks for select offers with up to 50% off, and other platforms like Simpl for free delivery, discounts of up to Rs 80, and more.
Zomato Order Tracking:
Once the payment is processed, customers can keep complete track of their order status, from the details of their delivery partner to how much time is being consumed to prepare the dish to the estimated delivery time. Also, users can get notified when the restaurant accepts their order, the assigned delivery partner, and other information when a delivery partner reaches the restaurant for pick up, and when he is all set to deliver the order. Users can also get the contact information of the delivery agent, and view his current location via an interactive map, which also shows the exact time (by minutes) for the agent to reach your location.
Zomato Order Cancellation
Users who wish to cancel their order can do so by visiting the Zomato Customer Support team via their mobile application. However, please make note that Zomato allows its users to cancel the orders just a few minutes, or probably a few seconds after placing an order. In case you missed canceling the order within this said window, here’s what you can do:
How To Cancel Your Order On Zomato?
Step 1: Open Zomato App, and head to the ‘Your Profile’ section.
Step 2: Look for the ‘Food Orders’ section, and then click on ‘Your Orders’
Step 3: Open the latest order section to cancel your order.
Step 4: Now, click on ‘Get Help & Support’, and then on the ‘Chat with Us’ section.
Step 5: Choose ‘I want to cancel my order’, and select the reason for order cancellation.
Step 6: Then, say ‘Yes, I want to cancel my order’.
Note: In case of further assistance, you can directly chat with the customer support team, who will help you with the process. However, users without a valid reason may not be able to cancel their orders (if the order is already accepted/if the food is being prepared), and may not get a refund for the same.
Restaurants under Zomato:
There is an endless list of restaurants and eateries that have joined hands with Zomato across every nook and corner of the country. The company is currently active in over a thousand cities and towns in India, among many other developing and developed countries, tying up with many big as well as small-time but quality outlets offering a variety of cuisines to satisfy your taste buds. Whether it’s traditional Mughlai curries that you seek or some authentic Japanese dishes, all of it is just a fingertip away from reaching you through Zomato.
Add a Restaurant on Zomato:
If you’re an owner of an eatery, it’s about time you jump on the bandwagon and join hands with Zomato by tying hands with them. You can register through their website by furnishing the following things:
- FSSAI license copy
- PAN card copy
- GSTIN (if applicable)
- Bank account details
- Restaurant menu
- Images of top 5 items
It’s no secret that Zomato is arguably one of the most popular apps in India today since it caters to everyone’s common weakness – tasty and lip-smacking food. Since it was founded in 2008, the company has only gone from strength to strength, becoming the leading food delivery app in the country. Be it an unexpected midnight ice cream craving, a sudden party, or a casual date night at home, Zomato allows you to order no matter what, at no matter what time.
Top Alternatives for Zomato:
Apart from Zomato, there are a few more online food delivery companies that you can explore before ordering your favorite dish from your favorite restaurant. Swiggy, Domino’s, Pizza Hut, Dunzo, McDonald’s, and Faaso’s are a few on the list.
Zomato Coupons and Offers
Want to order food from Zomato but concerned about the prices being higher than what you expected? Well, this is where GrabOn comes to your assistance, as their Zomato coupons are sure to help you make handsome savings. Now get rid of your wallet dictating your cravings and order without any hesitancy!
Where can I get Zomato coupons?
There are multiple platforms where you can get exclusive coupons, including UPI platforms, where you can earn promos by making transactions.
1) Does Zomato have any flash sales?
Yes, Zomato hold a range of flash sales throughout the year, under which customers can get big discounts on all their purchases
2) Is Zomato available in my city?
Since the company has spread its operations across hundreds of cities and towns across the country, it’s most likely to be delivering even in your city.
3) Is Zomato reliable?
With an abundance of positive reviews on the Google Play Store and App Store, Zomato is one of the most reliable and trustworthy food apps in the market today.
4) Is Zomato Pro available to all users?
Currently, Zomato has pulled back its Pro, and Pro Plus membership to existing and new users as well.
5) Does Zomato charge for canceling orders?
No. The platform does not charge you extra for any order cancellation. However, you may not receive any refund for the order canceled.
6) Will I get a refund for canceling my order on Zomato?
As per the latest policy, Zomato does not encourage refunds for the cancellation of orders. You may reach out to the support team for assistance.
7) How do I get an order ID in Zomato?
Visit ‘Your Orders’ section, and click on the ‘order’ of your choice to get the Order ID/Number.
8) How to check previous orders on Zomato?
Open the app, click on the profile section, click on ‘Your Orders’, and find the list of orders placed on the platform.
9) Can I order food on Zomato from my laptop?
No, Zomato does not support ordering food via the laptop. You can install the app to place all your orders.