With IPL 2019, Cricket frenzy is at an all-time high. IPL now in its 12th edition, has had brilliant moments and epic milestones so far. In this post, we’re going to share 12 most IPL interesting facts that every cricket lover should be aware of.
In these past 12 years, hundreds of players have tried to impress and establish themselves as T20 players, but only a few have managed to rule the charts. As far as the facts go, here are 12 IPL interesting facts that every cricket lover should be aware of. Do have a read and stay amazed!
12 IPL interesting facts that will blow your mind:
1. Sarfaraz Khan was only 10 years old when IPL’s first season was commenced. Now he’s 17 and playing for Royal Challengers alongside cricket giants like Gayle, ABD, Kohli.
2. Piyush Chawla has bowled more than 360 overs in his IPL career. He is yet to bowl a no-ball! He has also conceded the most sixes in IPL.
3. Gautam Ghambir has both, most number of the fifties and most ducks in IPL-11 Ducks and 26 Fifties.
Participate In GrabOn’s Cricket Fantasy League 2019!
Gear up for the best fantasy cricket league in the country. Play GrabOn Cricket Fantasy and get a chance to win prizes like smart LED TVs, Bluetooth headsets, exclusive vouchers, and much more. Play engaging games like Card Cricket (Card-A-Thon) and Match/Tournament Predictor ton earn easy points and top the leaderboard. Refer your friends to earn more points.
4. Parthiv Patel has played for 6 different franchises. The most by any player.
5. Ashok Dinda has played for 4 teams, but every single time the respective franchise ended up in the bottom four. Sadly, the teams he has played for has never qualified for Finals. This time he is playing for Rising Pune Supergiants. Let’s pray for his team. :)
6. Manish Pandey and Robin Uthappa both have played for 4 different IPL Teams but they both have been on the same team for all 8 seasons.
7. More than 10 Indians have managed to score 2000+ runs in IPL, yet The Maestro is the only Indian player to win the ‘Player Of The Series Award’.
8. In 2013 Dale Steyn bowled 212 dot balls, highest by any bowler. In total, he bowled 407 balls in that season, more than 50% dot balls.
9. Adam Gilchrist has the best bowling figures in IPL. In his last IPL match, he bowled just one ball and took the wicket of Harbhajan Singh
10. Suresh Raina is the only player to play all the matches played by a single franchise. He also has most runs in IPL.
11. Delhi Daredevils is the only team that has never played an IPL final. (Sunrisers Hyderabad played an IPL as Deccan Chargers)
12. Yusuf Pathan and Rohit Sharma are the only two players who have won the IPL Trophy three times – the most by any player in the league.
So, those were some of the most IPL interesting facts, which we could manage to churn out from these 12 years. That all being said, we are looking forward to IPL 2019 fixtures.
Let’s all catch up the same spirit and get indulged in the cricket mood and cheer for our team in the upcoming games.