Thanksgiving is incomplete without food. The most awaited Thanksgiving dinner comes only once in a year, and it must be special. Whether you are traveling to meet your family, or your someone is coming to meet you, a rightly cooked turkey and a sweet bottle of wine are going to be the at center of the table. Be the finest host. You don’t want your special ones to see an undercooked pastry and a box of pizza when they give their thanks.
Thanksgiving day is celebrated a day before Black Friday, and is celebrated on the fourth Thursday of Noveember, each year. This year, Thanksgiving day falls on the 24th November. It is considered as the national holiday in the United States as the people celebrate the harvest. On this auspicious day, friends and family members gather, decore the home, and enjoy delicious recipes.
If you are a foodie and want to try something new on this Thanksgiving day, this article is for you. Here we have provided the list of popular thanksgiving recipes one must try and spend some valuable time with the beloved ones. Let’s get started!
Top 5 Delicious Thanksgiving Recipes
1. Dine With Smoked Turkey
Your Thanksgiving dinner is incomplete without Turkey. Smoked Turkey is easy to make and it is must on your dinner table for Thanksgiving.
- 1 Turkey
- Few cloves of garlic
- Butter 200gms
- 4 Lemon
- Dried Rosemary
Make brine by adding sufficient salt in water along with 1 lemon cut into 4 pieces and 1 tablespoon of dried Rosemary. Soak the turkey in brine one day before Thanksgiving and refrigerate it.
Next day take the Turkey and wipe it well with tissue. In a bowl add 100 gms of softened butter, lemon juice, salt and rosemary. Make a paste and keep it aside.
Cut 1 onion in 4 pieces, 2 lemons in four pieces and put it inside the Turkey stomach. Stuff 10-12 cloves of garlic and rosemary inside the stomach too. Now take the paste that you made and rub it on the Turkey well. Make sure that the paste is evenly spread on the Turkey.
Preheat the oven at 200 degree centigrade. Once the oven is preheated place the Turkey at 180 degree centigrade for 45 minutes. After the Turkey is cooked take out the stuffing from the stomach and brush some butter on it. Serve hot and enjoy it.
2. Say Yes To Mashed Potato
You must serve your Turkey with veggies and mashed potatoes. Here is the simplest way to make it.
- 2 boiled potatoes
- 50gms of butter
- Colored bell peppers or capsicums
- Baby Corns
Take the boiled potatoes and mash it well with a fork. Add adequate butter salt and pepper. Make sure you serve the mashed potato hot with the Turkey.
Cut all vegetables in equal sizes and add some butter and salt. Grill the vegetables at 180 degree centigrade and serve hot.
Biscuits For Thanksgiving
Your Thanksgiving dinner table will be incomplete without buttery biscuits. Here we have the recipe for it.
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 table spoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 6 tablespoon unsalted butter (solid)
- 1 cup chilled buttermilk
- 1/4 cup cream
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter (melted)
Preheat the oven at 450 degree centigrade. Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. You can use a hand blender to mix it well. Spread the butter on the flour mixture. Add the buttermilk and mix the mixture till the flour mixture is binded together.
Make 4-6 pieces of biscuits out the dough. Place it on a baking sheet and brush it with heavy cream and sprinkle some salt on it. Bake it for 10-15 minutes. They will turn golden brown. Serve hot.
Cheers To Pina Colada
What’s a Thanksgiving without proper drinks? Your family members will be happy to see these on the dinner table. This recipe is very simple.
- 4 cups of coconut milk
- 4 cups of fresh pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoon of sugar
- Sliced pineapples
- Mint leaves
In a mixer, mix coconut milk and pineapple juice. Blend it well and then add sugar. Pour it in a glass and add finely sliced pineapples for garnish. You can add mint leaves on top when you serve.
Pop It Up With Cake Pops
It all ends well with sweets. This year you can make something different for dessert. Let’s make cake pops.
- 1 cake
- 4 Tablespoon Peanut butter
- 2 bars of Cooking chocolates
- Plastic sticks
Crush the cake with your hand and add peanut butter. Make pops with the mix and put one gems inside all pops. Melt the cooking chocolate and keep aside. Place the pops on the sticks and dip it in the melted chocolate. Let it dry. Serve them as dessert.
Wait, that’s not all! Here’s a quick glance at other recipes you can try this Thanksgiving.
Best Deserts for Thanksgiving
- The Classic Pumpkin Pie: Nothing will balance your turkey-laced palette better than a sweet pumpkin pie. If you do not have pumpkin, use canned squash, and you’ll be just fine.
- Carrot Cake: Packed with flavors and aromas, carrot cake is the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving table. It is lightly spiced with cinnamon, and has nuts and raisins that make it an absolute relish.
- Sweet Potato Pie: Bring out your sweet potatoes for this one. There’s nothing like a fluffy sweet potato pie for Thanksgiving.
- Pecan Pie Truffles: These sweet treats, adapted from food writer Hannah Kaminsky, are pecan pie, but also rum balls, and truffles at the same time.
Best Sides for Thanksgiving
- Green Beans with Ginger and Garlic: Amidst all the mashed potato dishes, green beans will give an oomph to your palette. The dish is packed with flavors and crunch, which will go perfectly will alongside your sweet turkey.
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts: Roast your Brussels Sprouts instead of boiling them, and there you have it – a crispy yet tender dish that’s finger-licking delicious. Remember to add garlic to it and give the dish a twist of your own.
- Sweet Potatoes with Miso-Ginger Sauce: This dish from Deborah Madison is a delight. Perfectly roasted sweet potatoes must be served with a dressing of miso-ginger sauce. Oh, and the best part? You can use this sauce for your other Thanksgiving dishes as well.
- Macaroni and Cheese: Let’s admit it. There’s no dinner that a rich, crispy, creamy mac & cheese can’t make better.
That brings us to the end of this article. Which recipe are you going to try right away? Is it the carrot cake? We have a feeling it is the carrot cake. Remember, whatever you purchase, make use of the amazing Black Friday deals and offers that are active right now. Happy cooking and happy eating!
Wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving.