Everyone (guys *cough cough*) needs to wake up now and smell the coffee. ‘Coz hello! No one wants to be asked out on a date with a cringey pick-up line. This Valentine’s Day, we wanted to bring it to everyone’s attention that cheesy pick-up lines are cringe max. They land you nowhere except in that annoying list of creeps. For real, who wants to hear anyone asking, “Excuse me! Did it hurt when you fall from heaven?”
No, but did it hurt when your mom dropped you as a kid?!
Asking someone out doesn’t need to be all romantic, with flowers and hearts and other clichéd things. But it definitely needs to be drama-free and be more witty/creative. There are so many ways that you can use ask someone on a date. And sometimes, a straightforward “Do you want to get a cup of coffee?” works just fine!
Anyway, we are not going to talk about how to ask out someone on a date. Find your own game. But…we can tell you how to up your game by not using this tacky pick-up lines this V-day.
And while you’re at it, check out these funny things that are going around on Rose Day.
Here’s The List Of 15 Bad Pick-Up Lines:
1) Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk by again?
Love at first sight is amazing and it might be the dreamy romantic tale that it seemslike. But in most cases, you should show the one you’re asking out that you are looking for a deeper connection. Love at first night can be the beginning of your love story but you don’t want the person-of-interest to believe that you fell in love with him/her for their looks.
2) Can I borrow a quarter? I want to call my mom and tell her I just met the girl of my dreams.
Though it sounds very quirky, the person you’re asking out might believe that your dating fate rests in your mother’s hands. While it is noble to seek one’s mother’s blessings on a love interest, the moment you ask someone out is surely not the time for it. How about “Can I borrow a quarter? I want to call future me and tell him/her that I am so glad to have met you?”
3) Do you have any raisins? Well, then how about a date?
A few decades back, this line might have worked. But today, it has become way too cheesy. Firstly, it’s not a great idea to say “Do you want to go on a date?” I think it’s fairly obvious that you want to take him/her on a date. The real question is where you should take her on said date.
4) Are you a drug dealer? ‘Coz you are dope!
Let me make few things clear. No normal individual likes to be called a drug dealer, much less when being asked out. And before you go ahead and use another one like “Are you a joint? Because you’re smoking!” I’d recommend using compliments like ‘beautiful’, ‘smart’, ‘kind’. Even if the one you’re asking out is actually a drug dealer (in which case, it might not be a great idea to ask her out), I’d doubt this line will “floor him/her.”
5) Are you a Pokemon? Because I choose you!
While Pokemon-related lines are usually a hit, this particular one might not yield expected results. That is because this pick-up line makes it sound like the one being asked out has no say in whether they want to be in a relationship with you.
But feel free to use any other good Pokemon-related pick-up lines.
6) Well, here I am! What were your other two wishes?
Now, this one makes you sound just arrogant. It would be hypocritical of you to ask someone out and expect them to be wishing for you.
Why not put a spin on the above line, like “Now that you’re here, I wonder what to do with my remaining two wishes.”
7) Do you have a license because you are driving me crazy!
To be on the safe side, words like ‘crazy’, ‘insane’, ‘wild’ are not ideal to be used while asking someone out.
8) Kiss me if I am wrong but dinosaurs still exist, right?
Don’t ask the person to kiss you! You will come off very desperate. No dares, no begging, no predictions. Just ask them out.
9) If I could rearrange the alphabet, I’d put U and I together.
Makes you sound like the kind of person who still plays FLAMES. Don’t rearrange the alphabet, rather use it creatively to ask her out.
10) If nothing lasts forever, will you be my nothing?
You are not perfect, just like no one is. But you want to present the best version of yourself while asking someone out. Don’t say pessimistic stuff, show that you have hope for a lasting relationship if they say yes.
11) Are your legs tired? Because you have been running in my mind all day.
12) I wish we both were sine and cosine-squared, because together we could be one!
13) You know Happiness starts with “H” and mine starts with “U”.
14) Hey, You might be a Great Magician, right! Because everytime I look at you I forget about Myself.15) In Biology, you are my Heart; In History, you are my Queen; In Maths, you are my Solution; And In Geography, you are my world.
While thinking about someone is nice and endearing, obsessing over him/her is not usually a good thing. Certainly not, to announce that obsession. Suggest that while you have thought about them, you won’t pine over if rejected.
Did you react with a “Ugggghhh” or an “Ooof!” Yea, we know. SAME! We are not saying that one shouldn’t use pickup lines (or are we?) but then, use the ones that make sense. Don’t come across as a complete dork or a creep. And definitely not a perv! Maybe try something that is genuine, cute and not sexist? Maybe a bit more creative and a lil’wittier! Here’s an example: “Don’t tell me if you want me to take you out to dinner. Just ‘smile’ for Yes, or do a ‘backflip’ for No.”
If nothing else works, “How you doin’?”
This article is a part of our series on Valentines Day.
- 9 Things that say why Teddy Bears are still special
- Top 5 most famous kisses ever photographed
- 5 Types of Hugs you didn’t know about & Hug Day Gift Ideas