Everyone (guys *cough cough*) needs to wake up now and smell the coffee. ‘Coz hello! No one wants to be asked out on a date with a cringey pick-up line. This Valentine’s Day, we wanted to bring it to everyone’s attention that cheesy pick-up lines are cringe max. They land you nowhere except in that annoying list of creeps. For real, who wants to hear anyone asking, “Excuse me! Did it hurt when you fall from heaven?”
No, but did it hurt when your mom dropped you as a kid?!
Asking someone out doesn’t need to be all romantic, with flowers and hearts and other clichéd things. But it definitely needs to be drama-free and be more witty/creative. There are so many ways that you can use to ask someone on a date. And sometimes, a straightforward “Do you think we can go out together?” works just fine!
Anyway, we are not going to talk about how to ask out someone on a date. Find your own game. But…we can tell you how to up your game by not using this tacky pick-up lines this V-day.
Here’s The List Of 11 Bad Pick-Up Lines:
1) Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk by again?
2) Can I borrow a quarter? I want to call my mom and tell her I just met the girl of my dreams.
3) Do you have any raisins? Well, then how about a date?
4) Are you a drug dealer? ‘Coz you are dope!
5) Are you a Pokemon? Because I choose you!
6) Well, here I am! What were your other two wishes?
7) Do you have a license because you are driving me crazy!
8) Kiss me if I am wrong but dinosaurs still exist, right?
9) If I could rearrange the alphabet, I’d put U and I together.
10) If nothing lasts forever, will you be my nothing?
11) Are your legs tired? Because you have been running in my mind all day.
Did you react with a “Ugggghhh” or an “Ooof!” Yea, we know. SAME! We are not saying that one shouldn’t use pickup lines (or are we?) but then use the ones that make sense. Don’t come across as a complete dork or a creep. And definitely not a perv! Maybe try something that is genuine, cute and not sexist? Maybe a bit more creative and a lil’wittier! Here’s an example: “Don’t tell me if you want me to take you out to dinner. Just ‘smile’ for Yes, or do a ‘backflip’ for No.”
If nothing else works, “How you doin’?”
This article is a part of our series on Valentines Day.