After a gap of decade or more, Nokia is back with boom with an extensive series of mobile phones for people from all walks of life. Nokia Edge is going to be launched in April 2017 in India and people have already started baiting upon it. Nokia Edge 2017 is specially designed to give a tough competition to the much awaited Apple’s iPhone 8 series.
Most of the mobile phone users in India would agree having Nokia as their first mobile phone brand. There was a time when Nokia ruled the Indian telecom sector apart from Sony Ericsson and Motorola. Time changed and because of huge demand competition toughened and gradually Samsung and Apple took over the Indian market with a fare share given to other budget brands including Xiaomi, OnePlus, Karbonn, Vivo and Micromax to name a few.
Nokia Edge is believed to be Nokia’s high end smartphone so far that is already being compared to the yet to be released iPhone 8 that’s also going to be the Apple’s finest phone so far. Nokia Edge is believed to be Nokia’s high end smartphone so far that is already being compared to the yet to be released iPhone 8 that’s also going to be the Apple’s finest phone so far. While Nokia Edge 2017 is going to be released next month, iPhone 8 will be released in September 2017. While Nokia Edge 2017 price in India is estimated to be around Rs. 40,000 – Rs. 60,000; iPhone 8 Ferrari is priced between Rs. 58,000 and RS. 65,000. Another smartphone that’s also going to give a tough competition to Nokia Edge is Samsung Galaxy S8 priced roughly at Rs. 52,000.
We’ve all seen the rise and fall of Nokia but then it’s part of business. Nokia have been a true fighter for they have survived the adversities and are back with much enhanced Nokia Android phones that are going to be among top selling Android phones in 2017 India. Earlier Nokia had launched Lumia and Asha but people had already started looking up to Android phones and so these models didn’t go well. Nokia then came up with Nokia X and Nokia X2, which were basic Android phones but they didn’t even work out. In a desperate bid to survive, Nokia then tied up with Microsoft and released Microsoft Lumia. Now after a break, Nokia Android phones are back, with Nokia Edge being their finest creation so far.
Before we get into details of Nokia Edge 2017, let’s have a quick sneak peek into some interesting facts about Nokia –
- In 2006, Forbes had listed Nokia as the 20th most admirable company worldwide (1st in network communications, 4th non-US company).
- The iconic ringtone “Nokia tune” is actually inspired from a 19th century guitar composition named “Gran Vals” composed by Spanish musician Francisco Tárrega in 1902. The Nokia Tune was originally named as
- “Grande Valse” on Nokia phones, but was later changed to “Nokia Tune” in 1998 when it became popular and people started referring it to it as the “Nokia Tune.”
- The world’s first commercial GSM call was made in 1991 in Helsinki over a Nokia-supplied network, by Prime Minister of Finland Harri Holkeri, using a Nokia phone.
- Nokia is currently the world’s largest digital camera manufacturer, as the sales of its camera-equipped mobile phones have exceeded those of any conventional camera manufacturer.
- The typical message alert tone available to users of Nokia phones is actually Morse code for “SMS”. Similarly, the “Ascending” SMS tone is Morse code for “Connecting People,” Nokia’s slogan. The “Standard” SMS tone is Morse code for “M” (Message).
- In Asia, the digit 4 does not appear in any Nokia handset. That’s because the number 4 is considered unlucky in many parts of Southeast/East Asia.
- Unlike other modern day handsets, Nokia phones do not automatically start the call timer when the call is connected, but start it when the call is initiated. (Except for Series 60 based handsets like the Nokia 6600)
- Nokia is sometimes called aikon (Nokia backwards) by non-Nokia mobile phone users and by mobile software developers, because “aikon” is used in various SDK software packages, including Nokia’s own Symbian S60 SDK.
- Nokia got its name from the town of Nokia, whose original name originated from the river which flowed through the town. The river itself, Nokianvirta, was named after the old Finnish word originally meaning sable, later pine marten.
Based on the specifications and features above, the Nokia Edge can be considered to be the top most Nokia Android phone and if we compare it with iPhone 8, Nokia Edge can easily cut through iPhone 8 Ferrari when it comes to features at a lower price range than Apple. This is also an ideal handset for gamers, pertaining to the RAM storage and screen size. We are anxiously wait for the release of Nokia Edge 2017 in Indian market.