Colors, lights, food, and fun are the basis of Diwali festivities. But, decking up your home for the festival of lights is not easy. Right from the cleaning to getting everything fixed, buying all those decorative items or maybe DIYing them to spruce up the rooms, you need to burn lots of energy to achieve that perfect look. And then there’s food too that you will have to prepare. Well, this sounds pretty intimidating, right? Well, worry not! It is easy and we will help you out how to go about these tasks!
Sprucing up the rooms
Cleaning up the rooms, painting the walls, changing the curtains and doing all those basic makeovers takes care of half of the decorations. After that, a few tweaks here and there is all that is required. Flowers, beautiful diyas, paperwork, and home decor items are some of the must-haves to pep up your home. So, here are some of the Diwali decoration ideas you can try:
1. The Flower Power– Flower has the power to spruce up any look. Adding flowers to any kind of decoration is an easy way to finish off the task at hand and spend more fun moments with your family and friends. Get all those bright colored marigold chains and roses to add a charm to your rooms. Marigold torans look beautiful and can be used to decorate the entrance area. It can also be used to create pretty designs on shelves, tables and the corners of the rooms. Adding rose petals in between the decorations would not only make things look good but also smell good. Serving a tray of some traditional delicacies to the guests? Add few rose petals to the serving tray. Your guests would be floored!
Source: Mothers Zone
2. Playing around with colors – Rangoli is a must for Diwali decorations at home and you should not give it a miss. Use stencils, if you want to design a rangoli easier and less time-taking. You can create any design you want or else you can check out the videos easily available on the web, for some inspiration.
3. The subtle play of light and glitterati – Lights, mainly diyas, are a must for Diwali. LED lights are in fad right now, but we love the traditional diyas more. Be it the colored or the classic ones, it adds a lot and you can see the difference. The rooms look brighter and cheerful if you add a lot of pretty lights! Create beautiful patterns with diyas or simply put them in the corners. You can also create your own DIY Diwali diyas either by coloring the classic terracotta ones or using flours, glitters, and sequins. Various stores sell diyas online as well.
4. All the little things – Little things such as changing the cushions, curtains, bed covers and adding a few decorative items here and there gussies up the look within minutes. Using old sarees as cushion covers is a great way to change the whole game. You need not even stitch these. Cut out half a meter of saree and wrap it around the pillow and then tie it up; that’s it. Your now sew pillow cover is now ready and done.
5. The resplendent metal – Add brass and copper wares to make the rooms all the more resplendent. For example, a big brass pot full of water, flowers and floating candles in the middle of the sitting room would make it look classy. Bring out those old copper figurines and mementos and adorn the shelves and other display units with them. The proverb “Old is gold” still holds true when it comes to the unique Diwali decoration ideas.
Source: Buster And Punch
You can order everything that will be required for the decorations in the online stores. Order some today but do not forget to grab these Diwali offers before you place an order.
Also, do you have more pretty Diwali decoration ideas? Why not share with us over here! So, have a Happy and Prosperous Diwali and a wonderful year ahead of you, and don’t forget to let us know your ideas of Diwali decorations!