Is this another great idea to save money during festive season? Well, festivals like Durga Puja and Diwali do come with great enthusiasm and leave us with a hole in our pocket, provided we did not set a budget beforehand. Anyway, we can save money using the Diwali offers that are easily available online.
This time why not opt for a method that also solves other significant purposes, like preferring an eco-friendly Diwali this year? This Diwali just pop up a question before your family – What does it really mean to celebrate Diwali? And when you get an obvious answer of spreading joy, laughter and love then make your kids aware about the harmful and diabolical festive carousal, which we have been celebrating for years now.
It is now the easiest notion about Indians before the world that we lack conscience and we cannot completely deny this. Because every year hundreds of children die in firecracker factories and still we burst crackers with so much fun.
In this edition, we offer you 6 noble ways to celebrate a benign Diwali. Do have a read!
1. Charity begins at home: You can always donate the time and money you would spend on crackers. As a part of ritual when you end up cleaning your house, you may come across apparels and other utilities, which you do not use. You can take your old clothes and other stuff such as footwear and bags to any nearest NGO. By this, you are also setting an example before your kids for doing charity.
2. Go eco-friendly: These days, people are becoming aware of the adverse results. There are numerous Govt. schools, where students are encouraged to make colorful diya. They not only enjoy enhancing their artistic skills, but are also helping a lot to our environment. Some teachers, like Pratima Ghosh from Kolkata, invite their students to their homes on Diwali. The children are given delicacies and have fun in making diya and other handicraft items.
3. Be caring towards animals: Last year, when my son was sick and had to lay in bed missing the fun, our dog gave her the company. He soon realized how the loud noise from crackers disturbs him and scares him a lot. He could feel how his dog was happy that he wasn’t out. This year my son is going cracker free and safe Diwali and is even encouraging his friends to do the same.
4. Add colors to your celebration: While bursting crackers will always add noise, rangolis will only add colors to your happiness. You can help your wife and even engage your kids in making beautiful rangolis from colors and flowers. By this way, you can truly spend some peaceful and quality time with your family.
5. Social gathering: These days, the communities and societies are celebrating Diwali jointly. You can also check with your society and can celebrate altogether by hosting various kid-friendly activities, such as having a potluck.
6. Noise-free crackers: It’s not like you cannot burst crackers. You can go for smoke-free Diwali by using environmental friendly crackers made up of of recycled paper. These firecrackers will only produce colorful sparks instead of noise and smoke. Even though they are comparatively pricey, it is affordable when you are celebrating as a community.
Hope you found this post useful! Have a safe and Eco-friendly Diwali!
Articles You May Like:
6 Easy Tips to Save Money on Your Kids Uniforms
6 Golden Rules for Smart Online Shopping
Different Types Of Online Coupons You Did Not Know Existed
Hobbies that pay off: Enjoy & Earn