I am not here to start a “healthy food” vs. “unhealthy food” debate or anything that is considered a natural human bias. Knowing about calorie intake, carbs and anything like this will hurt your relationship with food, and it might create more confusion about nutrition rather than enhancing it. So, whether it’s a healthy or unhealthy food, I believe it’s the entire context and depends on the dosage we take. However, knowing what some of the best food items one could consider and increase its dosage a little more than usual, especially during summers are, is not a bad idea.
Healthy Food Habits in Summer
I will detail in this article some of the easy recipes, healthy food, vegetables, and fruits that are easily accessible yet indisputably fit for cheering yourself up – where your ultimate diet plan is better than everyone, at least anyone. If you want to buy the best healthy food online, Bigbasket is one of the best where Tata group has a majority stake. You can get verified Bigbasket offers and coupons at our main website.
Yogurt, whether it is in basic form or the Greek ones, is considered the most idolized yogurts; this food is considered healthy. If you are looking for anything that can instantly satisfy your growling tummy in this hot weather, yogurt should be your rescue, says many nutritionists. This protein-rich packed food can be used as a part of a vegetable salad or eaten plain. Buy yogurt from brands that are high in proteins and low in fat. Try to use this tip when you go on your next online grocery shopping.
Benefits of yogurt
- It is rich in Vitamin B, calcium, and other important nutrients
- It is high in protein which helps appetite and weight control
- It reduces digestive problems like bloating and diarrhea
- It has probiotics, vitamins, and minerals that can boost your immunity
Diet coke is now forgotten. If you’re looking for drinks other than water or juices to keep yourself away from dehydration, green tea should be the perfect way to supplement water/juices. It has many nutritional benefits, and the best thing is you can drink it hot or cold. It helps you restore fluids that you lose even on those hot summer days.
Benefits of green tea
- It is loaded with antioxidants that boost immunity
- It keeps your heart healthy by balancing good and bad cholesterol
- It is associated with reduced risk of some cancers
- It facilitates healthy hair and clear skin
Blueberries and Strawberries
Berries are one such thing that requires little explanation. With this, I did not mean to make you stick to only berries, but yeah, the addition of these fruits to your diet will make it a great summer food. These anti-oxidant fruits are great to have as an afternoon snack or as breakfast or go well with salads.
Benefits of berries
- They are high in antioxidants which protect your cells from free radical damage
- They can improve blood sugar and insulin response
- They are high in fiber which controls your appetite
- They help fight inflammation, and reduce heart risks
In summer, you lose potassium through sweat, which might put you at risk of developing muscle cramps. Eating oranges, sweet citrus fruits will keep muscle cramps away. Orange juice is such a great summer drink that indeed keeps you hydrated during the sweatiest summer days.
Benefits of oranges
- They have flavonoids which significantly reduces blood pressure
- They prevent skin damage and signs of ageing
- They help maintain a good eye health
- They lower the risk of lung cancer, skin cancer, and breast cancer
This dark green food comes with proteins, vitamins, and anti-cancer properties. Here is one of the easy recipes of kale that I find worth sharing — add salt, little oil (preferably olive oil), pepper to chopped kale, and 350 degrees in the oven for 15 minutes. And you have snacks ready that are delicious and healthy. You can also try out the salad with this vegetable while sprucing up with other sources like carrots, watermelon, apricots, corn tortillas, cherry, chicken, or tomatoes, and more.
Benefits of kale
- It is one of the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet
- It is extremely high in Vitamin C
- It helps lower cholesterol in the body
- It contains Vitamin K which prevents blood clotting